Born Aug 3, 1948 – 9:05 PM NYC (Harlem, Yorkville)
J.H.S. 167, Louis D. Brandeis HS,
Queens College – BA in History, BA in Philosophy, minor in Religion
MA Ed in Guidance Counseling (Phoenix University, internship at Lookout Mountain Correctional Facility)Incomplete.
E-4 US Air Force 1966-1970 Crash Rescue Fireman (Served in Viet Nam)
E-5 US Army Reserve 1973-1977 Medic 1208th Hospital, Ft. Hamilton
E-5 US Navy Reserve 1991-1997 Gunners mate Guns
Theatrical Tech – June-Nov 1966
Partner Koerbar & Son Feb-Sept 1970
Duplication Deft Lever Bro. Sept-Dec 1970
NY Telephone Co. (Switchman) 1970-1999 – RETIRED
Amtrack May-Oct 1999
1999 – Present:
Multiple Part-time jobs including UMC at CU, Metro Cab, Facilities maintenance at Boulder’s Mason Lodge.
Volunteer at Stand Up For Kids – outreach counseling and center supervisor.
VFW, American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, National Rifle Association, Navel Reserve Association, Freemasonry, Telco Pioneer, Gold Card Holder Communication Workers of America.
What Have I Done With My Life?
- Overcame T.B. – 1950
- Lettered in Soccer, Track & Field Oakland Academy 1965
- Top Gymnast – Commerce H.S. 1964 & Brandeis H.S. 1966
- Eagle Scout Award – 1970
- Theatrical Tech, student stage manager – 1965-66
- Phan Pang AF Base – Viet Nam 1968-69
- Two Sons – 1973 & 1975, currently 4 grandchildren
- Elected Shop Steward, served 24 years (Local 1101 – 1106 CWA) Elected every two years.
- Graduated Queens College 1997 (worked full-time and got my degree in five years.)
Religion – Greek Orthodox
Philosophy – Live and Let Live